Thursday, February 14, 2013

Katie!

We have our girl, all 8 lbs and 8 oz of her!

Everything has been great thus far. The repeat c-section went fine, I had a great team working on Katie and myself, and I even got to walk a little bit by nighttime. Now I'm starting day 3 in the hospital and am feeling good. I'm on pain medication, but I don't feel as limited as I thought I would. Recovery was fairly easy with Jamie, but I think there's something to be said for having already experienced this kind of thing. I have an idea of what to expect!

We're in love with Miss Katie. She's a petite little thing compared to Jamie as a newborn. She's wearing newborn diapers! Those tiny hats fit her head! It's funny, though, because the nurses are claiming that she's the biggest baby in the nursery. Oh, well.

Nursing is easier this time. So much easier. She's a great eater. A nurse commented last night that I was the only mom who wasn't having issues with nursing, but I remember how it was 3 years ago. I'm grateful that I'm not frustrated - I realize I got lucky this time!

I haven't changed a diaper yet. The nurses are quick on that, or Scott takes care of it while he's here. I'm in a room with 2 beds, so as it turns out, Scott is my roommate at night. It's nice. He gets a chance to be more hands-on, but he can still head into work during the day.

Jamie is officially a big brother. He came to visit, and while he was shy, I know that he understood what was going on. He's giving himself time to adjust. No kisses or hugs for Katie yet. Oh, and I miss him while I'm here. Luckily, my mom is staying at the house this week and I know he's well taken care of.

Well, today's Valentine's Day. What a day to be in the hospital! I packed red booties and a red hat for Katie. She'll be dressed up enough for the both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment