Sunday, October 25, 2009

Good morning.

It's 5:30 am on a SUNDAY and I'm wide awake. I figured that I might as well get up and do the laundry and possibly clean the downstairs bathroom, because I just can't sleep. Is this one of the 'joys of pregnancy'?

I was so exhausted when I went to bed, too. I don't get it.

Well, yesterday was a busy day. We picked up nursery furniture from Todd and Lindsay, as well as, crib sheets (and mattress pads), baby towels, bibs, baby blankets, a boppy, bottles, high chair seat, baby toys....a cargo van full of stuff, basically. It feels like Christmas around here! While Scott and his friend hauled furniture upstairs and assembled the crib, I (not being able to lift furniture, after all) got to sort things into piles to be washed. We really appreciated the fact that we were able to get so many things -- Todd and Lindsay kept everything in great condition.

We didn't waste any time! For our new guest room, Scott found a great deal on a mattress, box spring and frame -- for our guests to sleep in luxury. By the time we went to sleep, the nursery furniture was in place (crib mattress already made up), and the guest room was completely finished (bed made, pictures hung). I promise I'll take pictures sometime today or tomorrow.

Pretty much everything in the house has now been organized and cleaned. Whew. When we initially moved in, we just stored most of our boxes into the second bedroom, and what a process it was to find a place for everything. But now, our house feels cozy and the clutter is gone, or at least, well controlled. It's a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment