Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The ups and downs of Naptime

Babies sleep a lot, don't they? Or at least, that's what I thought before Jamie was born.

My child does not like to sleep, or at least, not on a consistent basis. Well, there have been plenty of days where he hasn't napped a bit (when I admit this, I feel like I'm doing something wrong, eventhough I can't really control how he sleeps!), but other days he does fine. I love naptime because it gives me a chance to slow down and have some time to myself.

This week, however, Jamie chooses to nap when we have plans. We've missed storytime at the library for 2 weeks now. Last Monday, we just couldn't get going. We stayed in our pjs for awhile and took it easy at home. Yesterday, I was so proud of myself for getting us out the door on time. I thought, we'll even be *early*. I've got it together! I can do this! Well, I found a parking spot and as soon as I was ready to put Jamie's carseat in the stroller, I realized he was fast asleep. Deep sleep, even. He ended up sleeping for about an hour, which meant that I had to give up on storytime (how could I go with a sleeping baby?), which is also social hour for me. It ended up being fine, though, as I was able to sit and read magazines for awhile and pick out some books to take home. Today, I had plans to go to a "happy hour" playdate at another mom's house. These are held once a month and it's fun to see the same ladies on a regular basis. Well, naptime just started (hence my free time to write an update), so I'll have to pass until next time. On the other hand, I can try to read some of my library book, drink iced tea and put my feet up. At least there's a bright side, right? And I did get out this morning, to do a little shopping with my friend Kate and her little girl. So I did get some socializing in.

In other news, Jamie moved up to size 2 diapers over the weekend. This is a big deal. HUGE. At the hospital, he was too big for newborn diapers, so he was in size 1 immediately. I figured it would only be a few weeks until he was in the 2's. Nope, he took his time and I ended up having to slowly buy more packs, wondering when the switch would happen. Sooo....that makes nearly 4 months in size 1's. Guess who will be 4 months old on Friday? Time is flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment