Thursday, August 20, 2009

Is it something in the water?

There are A LOT of pregnant ladies out there right now. It's nice to not be the only one excited about weekly milestones and bump pictures.

When I found out I was pregnant, there were only 3 other pregnant friends. Now I'm up to 9, with 6 having given birth in 2009. Even my parent's neighbor is expecting a baby in January -- same month as me!

While it may not seem like a big deal, each week, even each day, is an adventure. When a new week begins, it feels like an accomplishment, because you've made it so much closer to your due date. I'll admit, pregnancy is a little scary sometimes. Not knowing what to expect, not being able to know how your baby is doing without a fetal doppler or an ultrasound. I can't begin to explain how amazing it was to hear the heartbeat for the first time. When we had the ultrasound at seven weeks, I was so surprised to see an actual baby! I was like "Hey, the baby's exactly where he/she is supposed to be!" I think I freaked myself out by reading the baby boards.

I just can't wait until the big ultrasound at 20 weeks. It's not that I want one gender over the other, but I would just love to know so that I can start planning and actually calling Baby he or she!

No comments:

Post a Comment