Friday, September 21, 2012

Missing what I never knew.

Let me start by saying that I am grateful to be pregnant right now. I realize that every life is a miracle and I know not to take anything for granted, because nothing is guaranteed. We accept what we're given and we make every day count.

That being said...I think about our angel daily. It's gotten easier as the months have passed, but the pain is still there. I think I'll always think about what happened and he/she will always be in my thoughts. It just doesn't go away.

I've been thinking about it more lately, because my due date was within the last 2 weeks. By now, I would have given birth and I'd be up to my elbows in dirty diapers and sleep deprived. I've seen baby pictures from a few friends who had babies this month and it does tug at my heart a little bit. That should have been us, too.

I'm looking forward to our life with Babybug, who gets bigger everyday and I'm cherishing the movement that I'm starting to feel. I had a scary experience early last week, and that fear brought back all of the horrible feelings from the miscarriage. Everything ended up being fine and it just made me realize again, there are so many unknowns. I just pray that everything stays on course and that Babybug and I remain healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment