Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Diapers!

I've been researching cloth diapers for awhile now. I'm still a little confused (I feel like a new mom all over again!), but much closer to figuring out what system will work for us.


We have a local shop, Franklin Goose, that sells cloth diapers and supplies. There's also www.greenmountaindiapers.com, which is highly recommended from my friends.

I really think I've got it narrowed down. Thirsties duo covers and Flip covers for the little baby stage, and Fuzzibunz pocket diapers and BumGenius all-in-one diapers for the older baby stage. The BumGenius diapers are very similar to disposable diapers, but they're also the priciest. Maybe I'll even still use prefolded diapers and covers later on, too. Those are by far the most economical.

As seen in the second picture, you simply fold the cloth diaper (prefold) and lay it in the waterproof cover. Snap on baby. Easy peasy.

I've been watching youtube videos, talking with friends, reading reviews online, checking online forums dedicated to cloth diapering...I'm obviously serious about this. It'll save money in the long run, which is a huge bonus, but from what I've heard...there are fewer diaper rashes, less blowouts, easier transition to potty training, etc. Also...yesterday, Jamie did the unthinkable and bit into his diaper. Little gel balls everywhere, in his mouth, which led to a panicked phone call to poison control. All is well, but what a scare! At least if Babybug decides to chew on her diaper, she'll just be chewing on fabric!

These diapers are also very cute. No need for diaper covers when she wears dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment